What is Arabesque?

The Arabic word for “rubble” comes from the word “arab”, which means to “crush” or “paint”.

It was first introduced in India around the 1500s, but the word was only used as a generic term to refer to any type of hard material, such as tiles.

It has since spread around the world, and now it is used to describe any type the tiles are used for, from doorposts to doors.

This article first appeared on ABC News.com.au.